Thursday, February 21, 2008

Confessions of an Average Mom

I pick at my son's cradle cap. Once I start, I'm hooked and I can't stop (until he gets squirmy).

I keep my daughter's mouth busy with snacks in the car so she won't scream bloody murder and scare brother and give mommy a headache and make mommy mad.

In desperation I have let my daughter play with the following items: my cell phone, my land phone, my laptop, my wallet, my checkbook, my car keys (think panic button pressed over and over), a roll of toilet paper, a box of kleenex, paperback books...it goes on and on.

My daughter eats a lot of peanut butter.

I'm good at fake sleeping. (That's all I'll say; you'll have to deduce the rest.)

I don't cloth diaper. (I'd like to, but I've just never gotten started with it and quite frankly I LIKE wrapping the poop up in the diaper and throwing the whole business out.)

When I'm working I'm thinking about how I should be playing with my kids and when I'm playing with my kids I'm thinking about work.

To Be Continued...

4 comments:

Christine said...

Patty, thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the tips. I'm so happy to find your blog and see how you are doing.

I really enjoy what I've read of your blog so far. And I love your confessions - many othe them are ones I would need to confess too. :)

Erika Marie said...

lol! I love this!
Are you writing about me?

I used to secretely be excited for nursing times just so I could pick the cradle cap...

Jackie said...

patty
i use brownies as haircut incentives (for jude, not joel).
thanks for the great blog.

Sharon said...

LOL!!!
OK, Brennan had horrible cradle cap, and I'd pick at it when he was nursing. Not when he was a newborn-it was actually closer to when he was a year old. It was darn addictive!