Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweetheart "meme"

Kate over at La Vita Bella tagged me on this one. Thanks Kate! Kinda fun and makes you feel all lovey-dovey for a bit, until DH says something like, "Can you NOT make this for dinner again?"

Husband's Name: Paul Anthony

How long we've been married: 3 years or so

How long we dated: Did we ever really properly "date" after the month or so our junior year in high school? I think not. We have been friends for 14 years now. We dated, sort of, off and on. Kind of. Mostly not.

How old is he?: 30. Two days younger than myself. Can't resist those younger men. There is some debate based on dates of conception, but who really wants that much information?

Taller: Him by about 3 1/2 inches. Yay for that. I'm pretty traditional about those things. I don't wear heels, but lest you be fooled, it is mostly that I find them dreadfully uncomfortable.

Who can sing best?: *blush* I suppose HE would say me. Although I could make a great argument for him. He has a wonderful voice, and although he doesn't remember lyrics well, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the creative lyrics he composes in place of the correct ones. He also has the ability to make up his own little ditties, a talent I lack entirely.

Smarter?: He is AWESOME in ways I never thought possible when it comes to problem solving/troubleshooting. I am book-smarter. I'll tell you though, in daily life, his smarts come in purty handy. I do the mental math for him when he's trying to figure how many square feet and the like.

Laundry: Me. Oh, he's willing, kind of, and he'll do it when necessary, but I have serious issues with his methods (of the cram pack, anti-sort variety). I was not the best at keeping up until recently, when I gave in to his request that I simply do a load or two a day. That's my problem solver!

Paying bills: Moi. I actually relish this task. He has volunteered to take it over to save me the time doing it, but I love seeing where all the money goes and making the monthly budget. This absolutely, positively does NOT mean I am in control of the money however! We mutually decide where it all goes, down to the last blessed penny.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?: Huh. As I think about this, I realize that starting out in Denver it was him, then in Chicago it was me (closer to the window AC, I'm guessing), and it has stayed me since.

Mows the lawn?: Are you kidding me? He won't let me touch the mower! Some silliness about it being "the man's job" or something. Truthfully, he really enjoys it and I wouldn't want to take that from him. He spent almost a year choosing a lawn mower. Now that's devotion.

Cooks dinner: Me. He is capable, however, especially in the egg department. He likes to try different combinations of seasonings that my palette doesn't necessarily appreciate.

Who's the first to admit when they're wrong?: Oh boy. We don't need to go there really, do we? Suffice it to say, my husband and I are both choleric in temperament.

Who kissed first?: Paul initiated. It was a first for both of us at 16. How sweet and awesome is that?

Who wears the pants?: Paul. Paul. Paul. That being said, he would say me on account of my, how shall we say, emotional tendencies and his desire to appease said emotions.

I'll tag:

Erin @ Breathe, Just Breathe
Monica @ Every Day is a Gift
Erika @ A Simple Life for Him

Please don't feel obligated! Only if it's fun for you. Tag!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hi Patty! This will be fun, thanks for thinking of me :-) From reading yours, we definitely have several in common. I just posted something for today, so I'll get to this within the next few days. Thanks!